Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a set of RMS adjustable upper control arms for my '72 Cuda but would I want the bushing ends or the heim joints? The car is driven 50/50 street/strip. They heim joints look like they would move much more freely (help the front end work better at the track?) but would they be noisy on the street?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't notice much difference between the 2. Perhaps going from stock rubber to the heims would be noticable, but from a poly bushing, it's not much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which would you recommend for a 50/50 street/strip car? I am assuming the heim joints? I am running the poly bushings in stock control arms now.

I was looking at these control arms because I need to fix my current caster problem. When I had the car ('72 Cuda) aligned this summer the garage said the best they could do was -2.1 on the left and 0.8 on the right. He said the left was max'd out and he couldn't adjust it any more. Have you seen this before and are these control arms a good solution for this problem? I was also looking to free up the front suspension a little for racing purposes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, that's the common use for them. With the heims you can go up to around 12 degrees, so caster can be whatever you want.

Alignment problems are common in these cars - I talk every day to people with the same problem. That's why I won't make fixed mount arms - there's no telling what's required on each car, so the adjustables ensure everything works no matter what the need is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts