Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '66 Coronet bracket car and I am considering your tubular uca's and adjustable strut rods. Are there any modifications that need to be done to the car for these, like grinding the front frame rails down for the tubes? Are the uca's inline with the rubber bump stops or do they need to be modified? How long have the rod ends been holding up? Loaded question I assume, but my car is 3865 w/ me so it's kind of a pig. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i think the only mod is to cut the upper control arm stop i just bought both of these for my dart and they are nice just haven't installed them yet

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the B, there's no grinding needed. You do however need a small bracket to offset the stock bumpstop. I'll throw a pair in if you remind me - they're just a quickie thing I made for convenience, nothing special. The rod ends have been in use for 5 years now and I haven't replaced any yet. The guys I keep in touch with tell me they're still perfect. I use a pretty high quality rod end for that reason, and it's proving to be worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I'll be in touch as soon as I get back from vacation. I'm thinking the front suspension should be free'd up pretty good with those and some work to the lower a arms. Drag torsion bars are on their way in also. What kind of caster are your customers typically getting? Thanks again.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whatever you want really. If you just throw it together, you'll be around 5 degrees, but you can adjust from 0 to maybe 12...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would there be any additional benefit to boxing the stock lower control arms along with the tubular components? As long as it's apart, I'll do it now if there is any benefit. Thanks, Wade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, the lowers can flex because of the construction - the 2 stamped sides riveted together isn't really a rigid package. You could use anything to plate them, but I do have the little plates from ARengineering if you need them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Bill, I got my uca's and strut rods today. I was just going to start installing them but I've got a question for ya. Am I supposed to have 1 short bushing and 1 long bushing for each control arm? I've got 4 that are 3/4" wide, and the assembly won't fit with an overall width of 2.2". Thanks, Wade

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep - each rod end gets a short spacer and a long one - put the long one on the front side of each rod end - one of each spacer plus the rod end adds up to 1-7/8" - same as the mounts on the frame.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.