Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When installed on an A body, are your upper A arms looser? This is for a drag car, duster, and I am looking to loosen the front end travel from resting position to wheels up. The stock A arms are TIGHT when installed, so just wondering if yours stay loose.
Thanks,
Brian

G

·
Well, if you hold one up and let go, it falls down :) Seriously though, with the rod ends, there's no resistence at all. Same with the strut rod kits - it eliminates all the resistence of the bushings. After those 2 parts, the only bushing left is the lower control arm.

·
Registered
491 Posts
OU812. I made a set of roller upper bearings for my Road Runner from some small caster bearings and home made spacers. I used the serrated ends off the factory bushings at the ends of the spacers. I did have to hone out the opening on the stock control arm slightly. I went this route because I can't run tubular control arms in stock eliminator. Afco and some other circle track companies make graesable uppers for GM cars. They may have something that will work with minor mods. There's a guy back east (New York I think) that makes roller uppers from Titanium at about $1000.00 a set. :-\

I built mine for about $20.00.

My upper control arms swing freely now. ;D

The lower are loose fitting poly's.

Hope this helps.

P.S. If anybody knows of a manufacturer that makes aluminum (greasable uppers) bushings, I 'd like to know. I'd buy a set or two.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies...Bill I will be calling you on Monday, I want the upper arms. I really want the struts too but I just bought a converter so money is a little tight. I eventually want light front brakes and the struts and that loose fitting poly lower bushing sounds interesting...!
Thanks guys!
Brian

·
Registered
326 Posts
i just orderd a et from bill and the strut rods can't wait to get the and get'em in i'm hoping that the new front suspension and sliders out back will hook me up ;D ;D ;D

G

·
vitamindart said:
i just orderd a et from bill and the strut rods can't wait to get the and get'em in i'm hoping that the new front suspension and sliders out back will hook me up  ;D ;D ;D
What slider did you get i am New to the Page. Getting some ideas Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts