Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to align the front end of the duster, and I cant get enough camber. How far out can I safely run the heim joints? Front is all the way in, and rear is 4 turns from all the way in. Castor was great at 6+ but couldnt get camber to zero. One side was 1.9 and other was 1.0 camber negative. I need to know just how much I can safely push the top arm out with the heim joints. Other than that, what a huge difference with the arms and struts!!
Brian

G

·
You can have an easy 1/2" of threads out past the jam nut with no worries. Normally, 2 threads out on each end seems to be enough on most cars, but alot can change that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bill, your the best!! Why do you think my duster needs to be setup different? Cant say enough about your products Bill, very very nice work!
Brian

G

·
Over the years, the frame rails can twist inwards from use/abuse - I don't hear about it very often, but it's often enough that I'm not surprised. Thats why I won't make the cheaper arms with welded on bushing ends - the odds are too high that a certain length won't work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Abuse?? **(*)
Hey Bill...thanks for all the help. I will let you know how well everything works after Pomona May 7th.
Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.