Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have come upon the final stages of my project and need advice on the installation of my MSD6al ignition box, I have the stock 67 wiring harnesses throughout. I am also using a dual field alternator, MSD probillet distributor, blaster coil, a voltage regulator and wish to use the stock ignition switch. I dont want to hack up the wiring on this car, any help or tips on this installation would be graetly appreciated. Where should I get my switched power for gauges or what color is it for my lights and such?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Man it's been over a year since i did that,i'd have to go over to the garage and actually look.I'm not the best with wiring, hopefully one of the guys that is better at this than me will chime in.If not i'll go over and check maynbe even take a pic if it helps but i'll wait to see first.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I installed a MSD6AL, MSD ProBillet distributor and the MSD Blaster II coil on my GT using all original wire to the OEM key switch. MSD's instruction sheet is very comprehensive and easy to follow.

Remember that you will need a new tach, as the old style tachs do not work with the signal sent by the MSD.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have wired a fews vehicles already with a MSD box so I know the basics, I guess what im asking is more vehicle specific like wich color after my switch for guage lighting or for a power lead for a line lock.   What to do with unused wiring (windshield squirter..etc.), should I unplug the entire wire from the bulkhead harness. I want this to be as clean as possible and would prefer to only have needed leads coming off my bulkhead harness. I assume there will be alot of old ignition wiring that will need to be removed, do you also agree, what should I pull off the car?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts