Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
does anyone use rack @ pinion steering on there dart or duster using stock k-frame and spindles?
if so could you tell me how its done or show some pictures.

thanks mike

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here are the two aussie types available here, one mounts to the k frame the other bolts onto the chassis rail, it aint no alterk unfortunatley. :(
Ignore the right hand drive part haha, hope that gives you some ideas :-\

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
22 Posts
i have one like the top purple car pic, it's an awesome way to do it BUT because the rack needs to be inline with the arms on the spindle housing, it means you gotta make a custom sump thats not so low in that area. its a bit of work but does feel good when its done. the plus side is that the lower containment section of your wet sump can now be made larger, my sump holds 10 litres(2xlarge takehome paks) & is only 3/4" below the k frame. dry sump would definately be the way to go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
a lot less weight, more positive steering, more room for headers. to fit the rack mounting points is less than 1hrs work, the sump mods.....? how good are you?

·
Registered
91 Posts
lol yeah bob how good are you )(/*
I can see your point bob cause yes you would be back to where you started, the idea mainly is to get rid of the steering box of the right hand side of the chassis rail which is a killer for room with headers. Not to worry bill is working on a RHD alterk :-X :eek: well i hope he is. LOL LOL

·
Registered
38 Posts
440 ValiantCharger said:
lol yeah bob how good are you )(/*
I can see your point bob cause yes you would be back to where you started, the idea mainly is to get rid of the steering box of the right hand side of the chassis rail which is a killer for room with headers. Not to worry bill is working on a RHD alterk :-X :eek: well i hope he is. LOL LOL
I don't think anything would have to be changed on the AlterK for that to happen? Just the rack you bolt to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts