Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a box containing a very nice 69 Dart AM radio.....you know the one with the dials not conventional knobs. Anyway I would like to bench test this prior to install. It has 4 wires coming out of it. One dual plug with a red and a orange. The red goes into the radio on the drivers side, the orange goes into the radio on the top. The other 2 wires also go into the radio on the drivers side. One is black and one is green. These are heavier guage then the red and orange. ID is 2864 513 Philips Mark 2 (sticker on the top of the radio). Sticker on the passenger side says NO 209098.
So what's up?........which wire goes where?
Thanks Jim brrrrrt

·
Registered
24 Posts
The Red wire is the +12 Volt connection for the radio. The Orange is +12 Volt wire to the Pilot lamp that illuminates the dial. The Green and Black wires go to the speaker 8 ohms.
Back in the day, 1968 - 1974 I worked in a car radio repair shop. I must have fixed thousands of them.

Bruce

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks........Sweet looking ride you got.......I'm working on stuffing a 528 into mine. I was just commenting to a friend today that I wish I had payed more attention to my Dad. He taught electronics at Palm Beach Jr Collage and I personally think that offering a service of repairing these old radios for gear heads would be a nice side business. I haven't found anyone that specializes in "old technoligy" (sp).
Jim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for kind words about my Demon. Wow, a 528..... That would be a fun ride. I think your idea is a good one but, I don't know how I could get replacement parts.

Bruce

1 - 4 of 4 Posts