Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at Rancho shocks for my '67 w/ relocated SS springs. The RS9000X is pretty affordable at $77 each and has 9 adjustments. I have gone on a search and it looks like I will need F-150 length. Has anyone gone this route? What year truck am I looking for if it matters?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
543 Posts
tom, tryed to find out at work today, but was busy, if it helps, will keep trying. something to think about though, in fact, when I tried the helper springs on my car, ended up using only one. on the pass side after subtracting bottom 3 & adding them to the drivers side with no helper. car sits in garage with only 7/16 in difference side to side. maybe shoulda went with lighter than 1/2 ton spring. back to the shocks, rancho is going to have a sale soon thru an auto parts store. any 4wd shop can get you a shock for your application they need to know what mounts you have, stock height or lifted & how much. get prices from them & the auto parts store will price beat by 5%. not much, but every little bit helps. a friend of mine has a ford ranger & he loves the adjustable shocks especially the adjusting inside the cab feature. keep up the very good work. if you don't know till you try, keep on trying.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks dangerdawg. I will measure the eyes at full extention and go down to our local 4 x 4 Rancho distibutor and let you guys know the application. We have about 3 - 4 x 4 shops within a couple miles of each other in Kent.

Tom

·
Registered
326 Posts
yeah i'm real interested in this , mancini and everyone wants at least 90 a piece for them i would like to find out the part # and try and get them cheaper

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm in the same boat as Vitamin.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem. I will swing by the 4 x 4 shop tomorrow and post the part number at 5 pm PST. They look like a sweet shock.

Tom

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went to the largest 4 x 4 shop in our area and got some information.

This information is for the 9 adjustment RS9000X.

First I measured my car. When the springs are hanging from the body with weight of the rear end, my measurement is 20.5" eye to eye. This is with relocated springs and the front eyes at factory height. The adjustment plates under my sliders put the rear of the springs at equal height to a stock shackle if the shackle was straight up and down.

I ordered the 99118 which has an extended length of 22 1/8" and a compressed length of 14 1/4".

If your SS springs are in the stock location you need a shock that is at least 1 1/2" longer. The next longer shock is a 99114 which has an extended length of 24 1/8" and a compressed length of 15 3/8".

Rancho has alot of shocks to choose from. One thing that limited my size selection is I chose to get shocks with the Mopar 11/16" bushing. Apparently this is Mopar size. Other car manufacturers use the 5/8" and 3/4" I asked the salesman about a Ford F150 shock and he said I would need to replace the bushings so I didn't bother. Plus there was a line of people behind me so I didn't waste his time with the Ford query.
Everyone's car is different so measure before you order.

Tom (b569rr R and D)

Also,the salesman confirmed what dangerdawg said. During the month of June, all Rancho distributors are selling 4 shocks for the price of 3.

·
Registered
543 Posts
nice work tom, what shock did you get? 1/2 ton? or did you go lighter? get the set up for in-the-cab adjustment? just wondering. thanks for shareing all the info & pics. very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't get the in car adjustment although wouldn't that be a very cool option? The salesman said both shocks that I listed fit front end mid 70's Dodge 1/2 ton trucks. He didn't get specific as to year. Thanks for the tip on the sale.

Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts