Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heyo folks. I'm looking for someone, anyone that does Mopar body colors in a rattle can. No I'm not painting the whole car with it, I'm just too underfunded to have the trunk area and chassis done with high cost automotive paint. ATM I've got the trunk ready to go and really don't want to resort to the standard blackout for a homegrown resto. Any help is greatly appreciated. tnku

John

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
If you must have the rattle can, a paint supply store can put the paint of your choice in a spray can. I haven't done this. I asked them out of curiosity one time and they said the can do it.

Tom

·
Registered
21 Posts
i did my underhood with rattle cans from canadian tire, i found a really close match to b-5 blue. i would have much rather done it right, it's not very durable. but i didn't want to spay it black either, and i was sick of looking at primer. my cars original colour is the same as Tom's awesome 67. mine is a 270 model, that had a white vinyl top.
IMG]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j42/luxuriousboog/DSC00703.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
bluedart said:
i did my underhood with rattle cans from canadian tire, i found a really close match to b-5 blue. i would have much rather done it right, it's not very durable. but i didn't want to spay it black either, and i was sick of looking at primer. my cars original colour is the same as Tom's awesome 67. mine is a 270 model, that had a white vinyl top.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like a pretty decent job :) I'm hearing too that just buying a quart of the color you want and spraying it might actually work out cheaper so I may go that route. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I had the local auto supply mix me some spray bombs which I used to paint the wheels and touch up the engine bay. It worked pretty well, but it wasn't cheap. I think it cost $15.00-$20.00 per can. I have another set of wheels to do so I guess I'll have to get another can or two. Eventually the car will be repainted, likely a different colour, so I didn't want to buy too much paint.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts