Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just installed new trunk extensions and new lower 1/4 panels on my 68 Dart, what was used to hold the two parts together, I can pull the two parts away from each other pretty easy, there must of been some kind of body sealer on the lower lip? Thanks Darren

G

·
You need to drill some holes in the bottom edge of the quarter and "plug" weld them together. A plug weld is a circular motion you do with the mig gun. Its a mig weld version of a factory spot weld.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Then when you are all done seam seal it all up! ;D -0*( Congrats on the progress!!! What 1/4s did you buy? were they just skins or the whole 1/4?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were lower rear 1/4,s from cross Canada they worked all right, but the trunk extensions needed lots of modifying. Thanks Darren

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ya i have used 3M , Fusor, Duramix and Proform for panel adhesive ( body glue) , if ya go that route it has to go on bare metal only, no paint or on rust. Make sure you cover all bare metal with it so the panel wont rust. And don't try to use it for anything structural.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts