Big Block Dart Forums banner

Rear axle query: anyone r&r'ed a CUCV M1008 14-bolt into their Dart?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bOb shingler 
G
#1 ·
0/

I am brand new to the site, and right off the bat, I have an oddball question....has anybody ever used a Corp GM 14-bolt truck axle from a military CUCV M1008 (or similar) pickup to swap into their A-body?

These are pretty reasonable to find, all have detroit lockers, and I bet they can be cut down to fit....

Adam

[attachment deleted by admin]

G
#6 ·
Ciscodog said:
Wow - those all have lockers?  I figured it was a regular old blazer 10 or 12 bolt.  That's cool!  That could be the only part of a CUCV I never broke LOL
The M1008 pickups were all K30 one-tons, with Dana 60 front diffs and Corporate 14-bolt (Dana clones) rears with Detroit Lockers in every single one.
The M1009 Blazer CUCV's were all K5-style Blazers with 10-bolt rears, with those wimpy Gov-Lok posi setups....actually, the one in my Blazer never broke, but I didn't use it for much else than landscaping; and the M1008 was my all-purpose snowplow/utility truck in my landscape business.

The rears can be had for cheap, with the lockers, which was why I brought up this weird idea.... **(*)

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.