Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, I just finished installing the SS springs a needed a longer rear flex hose. I bought a longer hose - the part number that somebody recommended on here, but I need a new REAR junction block (the one the vent bolt goes through). The old one ('68) is part of the flex hose. I know some years they were part of the hose and some years are seperate (b,e bodies maybe, 71-73 maybe???). Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one or who sells them. I got a new vent bolt, but have had no luck with the block. Thank You

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jim - I didn't think they were one piece either , but I cleaned this one up and it is. Maybe it was replaced at one time and it's an aftermarket part- I don't know????  It came off a 73 Charger 8 3/4.  So i went to my old 7 1/4 that  I replaced with this 8 3/4, and checked it to compare, it's one piece too. Now I'm really up the creek unless I can find a seperate  block.  Here's the pic:

·
Registered
283 Posts
the hose is napa 36501 it's around $20.00, the tee-block block from a b-body is a y formation. also keep in mind what year it's as the vent location is drifferent and your brake lines will be wrong. ;)

G

·
Yep there's two different kinds. When I was ordering my long hose from Bill he asked what kind I had - it was new to me too!

·
Registered
283 Posts
i think you got one of these replacement hose/tee-blocks. i think you will have a problem with pre-bent lines

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
I keep getting phone calls with people who have one-piece units, especially b-bodies of various years. This is the first time I saw one though...I have a case of the normal threaded T's on order right now - both shapes, that Earl's makes....not sure when I'll get them, but it should be soon. Earl's makes them, but no one carries them, so I had to put in a stock order to get a bunch directly.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I dont know if being up here in canada makes a difference or not, but every a,b,+ e body ive had has had the 1 piece line. Trucks+ c bodies had the 2 piece, and seems to me that they were longer also................oldkimmer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts