Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bolted up my new aerospace rears today, ran new lines and everything. Bled 'em down and had great pedal. Then I realize the rear wheels won't move. I checked the master cylinder to see if it was holding pressure on them, it wasn't, mind you the front are also aerospace and work great. I disconnected the line to the rear calipers and it still held pressure on the rotor. I had to take the caliper off and press the pistons back in with my thumbs and it took about all I had. Gonna call the company in the morning. Any ideas what would cause this? Something tells me their gonna say there's nothing wrong with it. Thanks.

Drew

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hose is new, Earl's stainless flexible line. Flexible at the master cyinder and connecting the hard line to the tee on the rearend. Forgot to mention the rear system runs individually of the front. Proportioning valve and line loc on front.

Drew

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, after three days under the car I fixed it. Brake company said to bench bleed the master, so I did that again. Then they said check the pedel ratio, checked it again, still 6:1. Then they told me to change the lines on the master, rear res to front brakes and vice verca. Nothing worked, bled the brakes about ten times, used all the brake fluid O'Reilly's had to offer. Then, I remembered the rubber plunger, found it binding up on the firewall and not letting the master come all the way back even though the pushrod was not hitting it boom[] Thanks for taking a stab at it guys.

Drew

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.