Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on doing a rear brake job on my Coronet. While I am at it I might as well do a little upgrading if I can. I was thinking there was factory 11"x3" setup out there. I was wondering what the interchagability of Mopar rear drum brakes was like. I thought I had some information on this somewhere but I can't find it for the life of me. Are all drum brakes on 8 3/4" rear ends interchangable or is it body/year specific. Basically I have a 1966 Dodge Coronet with what I believe is its factory original rear end housing that currently has 10x2 1/2" drums. If I just rebuild what I have I will probably have to get new drums anyway so the cost of new drums is irrelevent. I hoping a trip to the salvage yard might turn up some decent backing plates if I knew what I was looking for. Also I would like to retain my factory park or e-brake. Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jim ;D I was going to do some hunting yesterday but, I called my favorite salvage and the told me they crushed alot of their older stuff. I was thinking initially about 11x3's but I think 11x2 1/2s will be easier to find and procure replacement parts for.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Rock Auto Supply is a mail order place that has alot of older Mopar parts that the regular local guys don't have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts