Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working on my first project car, so my knowledge is kind of limited as far as my options go in certain areas. The car is a 74 Duster with a 225 S6 that I'll be dropping a 400 in. It already has disc brakes up front but only has single piston calipers. I would like to find a brake kit with 4 piston calipers but not sure where to look. Also any suggestions as to what I can do for a rear end in this car would be great appreciated... I would rather not have to buy a completely new rear end right now.

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Leave your brakes as is. While the Kelsey-Hayes brakes are great when they are finctioning properly they are small bolt pattern for the wheels which limits wheel availablility.

It's also very likely that the car has a 7-1/4 rear end. It won't last even one hard launch with a potent small block, let alone a big block.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok... thanks. What can I do about a replacement rear end without a buying a brand new one? I would like to have a rear end I can put disc brakes on. Also, does anyone know of the other mods I'll have to make when putting the big block in?

·
Registered
267 Posts
You could put up a wanted ad here for a 8 3/4 rear end. there's plenty of disk brake options for that. The only other major mod. that comes to mind is the motor mounts - you can get mounts to fit your k-frame, or any other k-frame for that matter.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what kind of mods would i have to make to the 8 3/4 rear end, because i know that any one that i find will be too wide for my duster? also what can i do as far as headers that will fit a BB A body? thanks

·
Registered
60 Posts
Look for a 8 3/4 out of a C-body. Then have the housing cut to A-body width and new ends welded in. The axles are long enough that you can have them cut and new splines cut in for your cut down housing. Because of the bigger offset of the axle flanges you can use any of the B or C body backing plates and larger drums. This will give you good braking power for the least cost. You can use your old master cylinder as it is a disc/drum master.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.