Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
that is just a frame kit...no suspension...one problem with the jugs kits are the rear frame rails will end up around the trunk latch....not much trunk room **(*)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so would it be worth it or should i go ahead and pay 450 for the competition engineering one? Because i dont really want to put alot of money in the car

·
Registered
64 Posts
now don't take this the wrong way.....if you don't want to put alot of money into the car, then why are you even looking at ladder bar or 4-link rear kits? you will end up spending around $2500 in just parts at a minimum to do a suspension like this correctly. you have me confused. **(*)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok i know what your saying i know it will cost that but right now all i need is a ladder bar to install so i can go ahead and get my car ready. So right now all i need is a ladder bar. What would be the correct size for a 72 duster? I have been looking at jegs and all they have is 24 26 and 28" competition engineering rear frame kits that are already welded. I dont mind to pay around 400 or 500 for this but thats all. Do you know were i could get one possibly any cheaper?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think 72 duster is confused, he seems to be refering to the rear frame rail kit , not ladder bars i will try to explain this to him..
the ladder bars are a traction -suspension device, the weld to the rear axle and the other end hooks into a welded in cross member, they also require coil over springs and shocks,
the frame rail kit is the parts that your link in your post goes to, but this is for a four link rear suspension , which is totally different from ladder bars... please do a little more research so that we can give you a real answer to your questions... everyone here is glad to help ,but we need to be talking about the same things.....

·
Registered
31 Posts
a ladder bar kit is cheaper and much easier to install, you can use leaf springs with floaters or go with coil-overs (better choice...my opinion)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts