Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know an easy way to mount the rear side windows up and lose the regulator. I'm going to have a back seat, so I felt it would be stupid to still have the regultor mechanism. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
im wondering this also, we have a 68 dart in the shop currently, the customer wants to do a super stock clone kinda build, from what i understand those had no rear window regulators. google hasnt found me anything useful, i am trying to design a bracket that bolts to the window and to some of the existing regulator holes...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a post car and I fixed the windows by pullling all of the regulator out and fabricated two brackets that bolt to the window and the door frame. Real easy and works great.

Drew

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
drew54 said:
I have a post car and I fixed the windows by pullling all of the regulator out and fabricated two brackets that bolt to the window and the door frame. Real easy and works great.

Drew
You don't happen to have any pictures, do ya?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Take the regulators and toss them ... go to the hardware store and get 4 extension springs about 2 inches long .. drill 2 1/8 inch holes in each fame and 2 more holes in the car where the springs line up ... holds em up permanently.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here is the best I can do, as you can tell I'm a an excellent artist. I cut some sheet metal, I think 16 ga. about two inches wide, bent it in a vice and welded in a brace. I drilled the top hole and put a small bolt inside a piece of rubber line that fit in the hole in the window. Pushed the window all the way up and drilled a hole through the metal door panel and the bracket. Insert small bolt through the hole, I also used lock washers all the way around. Repeat x 4 for my sedan. It works well. Hope it helps.

Drew

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts