Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a bar that will fit our A bodies with relocated springs. I've been measuring every vehicle possible. The winning vehicle is the '99 to 2003 Ford 4 x 4 Super Duty truck front sway bar. The front leaf springs on the truck measure 33.25" inside to inside which is approx what my Dart is. It will be mounted conventionally with the bar in front of the rear end, ends pointed forward and positioned under and a couple inches back of the u joint. The eyes on the end are perpendicular to the bar allowing vertical travel with ss springs. The drop links will bolt onto the inside of the factory frame rails about 10" forward of the rear end centerline. The factory Ford bar is 1" or you could opt for the Hellwig 1 1/2"; just kidding. Stay tuned for fabrication. I will probably order one this weekend and share fab data. I am having trouble locating end links for the front bar as all super duties came with sway bars. I will call Ford tomorrow.

I know I can have one made or buy a peice from C E, but I think I have found a route for under $200.

Tom

·
Registered
792 Posts
Thats sounds promising! Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got my hands on one today. I still need to find the end links. Too busy to drive to Ford today. I will try tomorrow. I will definitely share pics, so if you are looking to doing this, give me a couple weeks to complete.

Tom

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can get different sized links from energy suspension or Addco---just a thought....

--chad

G

·
Cool! This is what's keeping me from moving my springs inboard... I actually want it to handle as well as hook up!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.