Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 71 Demon will a rear sway bar work off a the 70-76 dusters or the 73-76 dart sports?

and it should control some of my body roll and stiffen up the rear a bit right?

also wil it affect some of my stright line get up and go?!?!

·
Registered
304 Posts
It shouldn't affect the straitline performance at all, I mean it shouldn't hender it. If anything, it will make the car leave a little straighter. It should improve body roll in the corners too.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, been wondering if it would affect drag racing performance but i guess i know that answer now.

any good companys to get them from?

**EDIT**

Crap i could not use an A body right? since i have a 69 b body rear end? the spring perches are set in the proper A body location though?!?

·
Premium Member
3,921 Posts
Richard's right on this one. The other thing about cars that handle and occassionally see the drag strip is that the slight loss of straight line performance is well worth it for the street manners. And, since most street/strip cars are used in bracket racing, consistency is more important than having the fastest car there on any given night.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I want the car to be all around performer and handling is number 1 on my list now i knwo i can go somewhat fast in a stright line but what i want especially now since adding the gears and Truetrac is better body control.

I really got to work for keeping the car under a controlled skid aka fish tail whatever you may call it.

so since you say go with a front sway bar 1st then a rear, let me ask this question seeing as i have the SSBC kit, i know of some people that the sway bar affects the disc brakes a bit. but also i noticed that their claipers are mounted low, on the Demon the calipers are mounted high.

I have been thinking earlier today to just do the front and rear sway bar at the sametime that way i feel the diffrence right off the back.

I appreciate the feedback guys, some say i build the car wrong? where's the paint job?? well i am a firm beliver in getting it to perform on the street then worry about the paint.

reason i say that i know i ask questions that are all over the place

again thanks for the help on my quest for building my lil sb Demon  o----o<>

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jim_Lusk said:
Paint job doh doh doh

For caliper clearance (if there is an issue) just shorten the end links.

yeah i don't think i will have an issue since it is mounted up high vs down low

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.