Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the Rearend measurement? I was told 52 5/8 for a A-Body Dart Duster Demon with spring bads at 43.

What is the Biggest wheel and tire that can but on these 67 Dart with stock Rear and stock wheel well's. Tire size wheel Brand and Backspacing would be grate.

What are you guys doing on the Mini tube's cutting the rear down to 50 inches to run 15x10 wheels with a 28x13.50

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had my rear narrowed. Not sure on what the final number was right now. Then I went with center mounted 15X10" weld pro-stars with 28X13.5" MT/ET streets. I trimed the front of the wheel well till it met with the wheel well. I cut the wheel well down the center and moved it in all the way to the frame. Welded in a three inch patch from the bottem. I didn't try to but joint the weld to agrivating. (did it with my 92 dakota never again) I welded it from the bottem and had the patch over lap the two parts by 1". I then trimed off 90% of the wheel lip and welded the inner skin to the outter skin again. You can splice it and roll it back under but it takes alot of pounding. Moved the leaf springs in welded in the boxes and welded in the rear hanger with a big bushing. I ended up making my own leaf link. The rear looks totaly stock but in fact it is a leaf four link for the street.

Don.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The member Sublime69 fit 275's in stock wheel wells - maybe he will see this post. As far as the right size wheel, just measure what you need for backspacing, then look for aftermarket wheels that have the correct backspacing. There's instructions for this in the tech section. -Evan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts