Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8 3/4 small bolt rear, should I redrill these or buy new axles?

G

·
You will get replys both ways. Depends on what your going to do with the car? I had 6-7 sets of them redrilled and NEVER had any problems with them running mid to low 11's. Wouldn't trust them any quicker than that. Dont use press in studs. have them drilled for screw in studs only. We have a great shop here in town that does them for me. Here's what they look like when they do them

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
These are drilled axles in my boys Dart.  Been in there since 1997 and has been raced many times.  Had a mid 12 second 383 for years and then switched to the .030 over 400 last year that runs mid 11's. So far no problems and we had the axles out last year to change gears and they looked great.  Ron

·
Registered
49 Posts
In the past I used to have C body axles cut down or had the A body axles redrilled. I did this quite a few times with no problems. If I was doing it today I would buy new axles that I know are new and will hold up to whatever I can dish out. The 8 3/4 axles are tough and hold up very well, however they are also more than 30 years old. Everything has a life expectancy. Something to think about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts