Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not to this point on my dart yet, but I am just about ready. I've always planned on moving in my springs, but someone recently brought this to my attention: I'm building a car for handling - almost no strip use. Am I better off to leave the springs far apart? or will it make much difference? i need good traction, so I want the space for tires, but I care more about how it will handle. thanks -Evan

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm a bit in the same boat as you are on this with my Valiant. With moving the springs in you do lose some stability, but this can be off-set by being able to use a wider tire in the back and using a good sway bar set-up. Also by repositioning your shocks to get them out as far as you can and reducing the amount of twist that your springs are allowed. I'm doing this with aluminum front bushings and slider rear shackles. I'm also only moving the springs in about 2 1/2" per side. If you do it the way the relocation kit says to you move them in around 4" per side, but I don't need that much to fit the size of tire I want to run.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see. So I guess I need opinions on whether I'm better off to go with factory spring location and a bar, or have the extra room w/ relocation and a bar. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
283 Posts
you might try the off-set hangers from mopar if not tub it. o----o<>

·
Registered
945 Posts
I have a 1in bar on my car with the springs relocated. When I get another camera. I will post more pics. Bill if you still have the one's I sent you post them please.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts