Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI ALL I JUST STARTED MY 69 DART PROJECT , I'M MOVING THE LEAF SPRINGS IN , AND SENT OUT THE REAR END TO BE CLEANED AND SHORTEND TO AN A-BODY MEASUREMENT , BUT I DONT HAVE THE MEASUREMENT FROM LEAF SPRING CENTER TO LEAF SPRING CENTER DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS MEASUREMENT ,ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPERICATED THANKS IN ADVANCE JOHN, I'M IN GLENDALE, CALIFORNIA

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THANKS DAVE , BUT IS THAT THE DIMENSION AFTER THE LEAF SPRINGS ARE MOVED IN , DOES'NT THE SPRING PERCHES MOVE IN ALSO ,THAT IS THE DIMENSION I'M LOOKING FOR , THANKS JOHN.

·
Registered
267 Posts
that will depend on how you cut your frame rails. I dont know the dimensions, but it will be different if you cut both sides of the frame rail or just one. -Evan

·
Registered
681 Posts
No mater which way you cut your frame(one side or both) when you get it done put your springs up there and measure, you should have the dimensions you need. I'm going to do this work first and put the springs in before I do anything with the rear. o----o<>

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
THANKS ALL FOR THE INFO , I'LL LET YOU ALL KNOW HOW IT GOES , AND POST SOME PICTURES OF THE PROGRESS, THANKS JOHN **(*)

G

·
CudaDon65 said:
No mater which way you cut your frame(one side or both) when you get it done put your springs up there and measure, you should have the dimensions you need. I'm going to do this work first and put the springs in before I do anything with the rear. o----o<>
I'm glad you stated this; ........that is what I was thinking too before I order my shortened rear end, so that I can be sure of the EXACT measurement pin to pin with the new leaf location bolted up. Or......am I off in my thinking?

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
CudaDon65 said:
[]{} Have your perches shipped loose. Get your springs relocated and square first. Even if I told you what my car measures, you may be off a little bit. My rear is centered under the car to the 32nd of an inch. Ubolt the rear to the springs, set the pinion angle and side to side and weld it up.

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts