Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new at all this, im 15 and rebuilding a 72 swinger and wanting to put a 360 in it. but right now im working on the interior and i have a question...how do you remove the whole dash..ive looked but i cant quite figure it out...is it the screws up by the glass where you cant get to them without removing the glass or what???? all advice welcome,, thanks alot

·
Registered
118 Posts
ASSUMING a 67 and yours is the same. It is not that hard

Remove windsheild and gasket and it will reveal 5 or 6 screws along the front edge of the dash

unhook all the wiring, cables, steering column and loosen the bolts on each side under the dash in the kick panel area, remove the screws on the front edge and it will come out

·
Premium Member
3,888 Posts
That is where you remove the dash. There are five screws along the windshield and two bolts behind the kick panels. The dash can be removed without pulling the glass, but it requires cutting the existing hardware and replacing it. The screws go into nuts that slip onto the tab on the body. If you cut the nut on the fold and then cut the end of the screw off along with the lower part of the nut you will be able to remove the dash.

To reinstall, get new nuts and put them on the dash frame instead of the body with the nut portion facing up. Use shrter screws to reattach the dash so you don't distort the windshield gasket.

Hope this helps. I have done a couple of cars this way.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
150 Posts
just so you know it can come out with out taking the window out.....I used a dremel and some cut off wheels and IT REALLY SUCKED!

·
Registered
84 Posts
THAT IT DOES

WE CAN THANK MOTHER MOPAR FOR THAT

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, but i think you guys are talking of just cuttin the dash out, am i wrong??? im wanting to repaint it and reuse it.......

·
Registered
150 Posts
if you get a flash light and look up under your dash. find the firewall then go the whole way up you will see ever couple inches the metal tabs and the bolts that come down through them. I took the dremal and cut the clip in half then cut the bolt after getting them all you can just pull the dash up a little bit and it will come out. you will probably think you got them all then realize there are a few hiding. i'm not sure if you can get a bigger cut off wheel in there or not i used the dremel becuase of all the 30yr old insulation that i didn't want to catch on fire. Becarful it will make sparks and you will have your arm bent in a contorted position for a while probably while laying upside down on the floor

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i think i understand now...thanks for all of your help tnku

1 - 10 of 10 Posts