Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever repaired a window regulator for an A body? The one on the drivers side of my dart is starting to hang up when rolling the window up or down. In the past i've just replaced regulators but i'm curios if i cant just remove the thing and repair it. What does the screw with the locknut adjust? I've got another old mopar window regulator laying around and by looking at it, it appears like the screw with the locknut is used to maybe set the preload on the gear teeth?? I dont know if messing with this could solve my problem or not. None of my repair manuals say anything about window regulators. The regulator doesnt look very complicated and i'm sure it could be fixed if i could just narrow down the problem. I'm not interested in sending the regulator out and having it repaired, i'll go hunting the boneyards before i do that. Any info is appreciated. tnku

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i was hoping it was something simple like but i couldnt get that lucky. The nylon wheel is in good shape and I tried lubing everything up with no luck. The crank mechanism of the regulator housing is pop rivited together so its going to be a pain to take the thing apart. I may take that old broke one i've got and drill the rivets out and have a look inside.

G

·
GON_RACIN said:
yeah i was hoping it was something simple like but i couldnt get that lucky. The nylon wheel is in good shape and  I tried lubing everything up with no luck.  The crank mechanism of the regulator housing is pop rivited together so its going to be a pain to take the thing apart.  I may take that old broke one i've got and drill the rivets out and have a look inside.
try drilling a 1/8" hole in that housing and spraying some oil in there. both the rear windows on my car were frozen and it worked for me. napa has the white grease in a spray can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts