Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING!!!!!!!!

Not sure if I posted this or not...I am in the process of reproducing hard to come by already not being reproduced small metal parts. I am open minded to ideas. I should be introducing my first parts at the Mopar Nat's this next weekend in Columbus Ohio....I am selling brand new freshly casted with bronze type material so it will not pit like the old days. 1968 Dart seat medallions...I am the only person in the world as far as I know that has invested into making the molds and working a very good foundry and plater to produce these parts. They will look identical to the old ones only better. In order to recoop my investment my original thoughts were to sell them for $95 each or $300 per set of 4 for a new car restoration. Don't waste your time and money on the old ones. buy new ones that all match...I will be walking at the Nationals selling them for an Introductory low price of $225 a set. I will sell my first batch at this price to get the word out then I will evaluate my cost. I am in the process of making two more 68 Dart parts that will blow your mind when you see and hear this news. I will be introducing this soon. I am best to call my cell or email me to get these. I DO NOT visit this site that often so it is best again to hit me on my cell or email....

As far as looking at new ideas I am open minded to look at any and all parts for any car. After evaluating I will let you know then if I do not have a part to build my mold I will go searching for someone that will loan me their part to get measurements from to make mold. This typically takes 2 weeks. I will then return your original part unharmed. In return for lending me your part I will in return give you a new part at NO CHARGE when I run my first run of parts.

Thanks in advance for your interest and look forward in seeing and talking to you.....

Steve
765-437-2929    CELLl
765-455-1251  FAX
[email protected]    EMAIL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dont see a huge market for those,i would go after trim pieces and light bezels,they are more likely to get beat up therefor create a larger customer base.i would like to see grills made,if it can be done for a reasonable cost you would make a mint.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Grilles is a great idea however it is out of my capability....Keep the ideas coming but I need smaller scalled ideas preferably that I can make a mold and pour a casting to be plated chrome like the bezels, seat medalions, hood inserts(I am on to 68 inserts next) etc....

Thanks

steve
[email protected]
765-455-1051

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how about exterior lock faces,instead of round make em' pentagrams.or some trick door handles.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bOb shingler said:
how about the little gold pentastar that only goes on the lower portion of the right front fender?
hey bob doesnt year one have those?I'll check

·
Registered
28 Posts
anyone interested in polished stainless 68 hood inserts? i have a machinist working on a set for me i don't have a price yet but probably around $600 a set and they will be held in by machine screws from the back not pins and speed nuts he's only making one set for me at the moment. but if you wan't i can have him fire up the cnc and make more. they won't be 100% correct but they will look awesome and never pit. the space in between the bulges will be a little thicker so they can be drilled and tapped from the back and left and right side will be the same.

·
Registered
208 Posts
sickhemi said:
anyone interested in polished stainless 68 hood inserts? i have a machinist working on a set for me i don't have a price yet but probably around $600 a set and they will be held in by machine screws from the back not pins and speed nuts he's only making one set for me at the moment. but if you wan't i can have him fire up the cnc and make more. they won't be 100% correct but they will look awesome and never pit. the space in between the bulges will be a little thicker so they can be drilled and tapped from the back and left and right side will be the same.
I'd be very interested, but $600 bucks is outside my budget. Maybe if somebody could do a nice set in aluminum.......

Roger

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as the little fender Pentastar, they are correct it is available thru many sources and it is plastic. I have a brand new one in the little plastic bag from Year One if you are interested in it. I am not going to need it. I will make you a deal on it and will be less shipping I am sure than Y1...

As far as the wiper seal great idea and I know what you mean but I can not make it. Sorry...

Will continue to work on the hood inserts...If I am able to make these they should turn out to look just like originals. I will know more next week...I know how important it is to me to have the correct looking part on my cars, so I assume you are the same. I will strive to make parts correct or I just won's make them, I will keep you posted next week...

Keep up your ideas!!!

Have a GREAT week...

AGAIN I WILL BE AT THE MOPAR NATIONALS WITH THE SEAT MEDALLIONS I HOPE. I HAVE A FEW LEFT THAT ARE NOT ALREADY SPOKEN FOR. YOU CAN CALL ME ON MY CELL BEFORE AND I WILL KEEP YOU A SET OR CALL ME FRIDAY OR SATURDAY AT THE NAT'S....

KIND REGARDS,

STEVE
765-437-2929

·
Registered
400 Posts
Steve, I was just talking to you on the phone about 1973 Duster taillight bezels. Nobody makes them. I will send you an email with my info, and get a set sent to you. Thanks, Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dartsport said:
Steve,   I was just talking to you on the phone about 1973 Duster taillight bezels. Nobody makes them. I will send you an email with my info, and get a set sent to you.              Thanks, Paul

Car looks good!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
b569rr said:
I bet a few of us would like trunk finish panels.

Tom

I agree on the finish panel...My friend Bill Petrow of Special T's Unlimited is the guy to talk to about doing that...He has the knowledge to do it if he would...He restores them to beautiful condition...His number is 847-255-5494...Tell him Steve Lindquist sent you to him...Very swell man to do business with.....

Kind Regards,

steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
b569rr said:
I bet a few of us would like trunk finish panels.

Tom
I have been trying to get a good 67 trunk finish panel. So far I have 3 that are not good enough to put on my car. Also the trim that goes above and below the finish panel.

Layson was to make one but the last time I check it was still unavailable

I really want one so the rear of my car looks FINISHED

and $600 for hood inserts.......I have morre than that in mine getting them rechromed and they didn't repair the pits in the bottom of the ribs or the broken studs boom[]

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.