Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My paint is starting to peel in the trunk, and I think I want to try and rhino line it. Has anybody done this before, and if so, what did you use? I've seen a couple different products online, but I don't know which will work.

·
Registered
847 Posts
i restored 2 broncos last year.........i used a product called "durabak" or "duraback?" do a google search. i origionally found it in the back of a 4x4 magazine. awesome stuff!!!!........almost exactly like rhino, you spray it thru a body shutz gun. bout a 100 for a gallon. i used it on the bottom side of the cab and in the back...i also sprayed it in my buddys pick up bed. used 2 gallons. if you cant find it i will help.

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm currently prepping my trunk so I can coat it with Herculiner; I did this on a Charger and it came out great. One thing though; that stuff DOES NOT like seam sealer....

·
Registered
847 Posts
personally, i wouldnt rhino line a trunk, but he asked for a comperable product that the general public could use.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I did some looking at the Durabak and the Herculiner, but I really didn't like them too much. I was hoping I could find something that was smoother than the traditional rhino lining. I think now that I will probably just paint it and order a new carpet.

·
Registered
69 Posts
id rather use some zolatone, spatter finish but not cheap like spray can spatter paint

1 - 9 of 9 Posts