Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of purchasing Bill's tubular upper control arms for my disc brake conversion on my 69 Dart.
My question is: are these the same control arms used in the alterkation? If I buy the alterkation at a later date will I be able to use the tubular upper control arms on it? The conversion I need to do now, but I am also thinking ahead and the alterkation may happen one day$$$$.

tnku
gt

·
Registered
124 Posts
The AlterKtion uses stock big joint uppers. I think most people add Bill's uppers when they order the AlterKtion, I did.

G

·
Yep, I use the same uppers for both the stock suspension and the alterk - If you get the uppers now, I'd delete them from the kit later....

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bill.
That is exactly what I wanted to hear.
I will probably call you this week to place an order if all goes according to plan.

gt

·
Registered
305 Posts
gt said:
Thanks Bill.
That is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Now you know why Bill R is the best in the market!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Excuse the newbie Question gentlemen, how do I find out more about RMS suspension parts? Also , does anyone know who the longhaired guy that did the dart custom aftermarket suspension on the show "Rides" is?

·
Registered
724 Posts
brickman said:
Excuse the newbie Question gentlemen, how do I find out more about RMS suspension parts?  Also , does anyone know who the longhaired guy that did the dart custom aftermarket suspension on the show "Rides" is?
I think that was Bon Jovi ;D

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just go to the top of the page and click on RMS
to find out about the suspension parts.
The guy that did the Dart used a Magnum Force
front end kit.
I think he works for them.
They had to do a lot of modifying to get it to
work right on that car, not good advertisement for
there bolt on kit lol... lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
Not for nothing are they known as Magnum Farce....

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an old pair of the upper control arms. I think I bought one of the early sets. Anyway I'm finally getting around to using them and I noticed the online instructions say to back the bushings out 2 turns for most cars.

My instuctions don't mention that, but does that hold true for all the RMS A-arms? There haven't been any changes dimensionally, just a clarification in the instructions?

Thanks,
ERic

G

·
Just a clarification. They were designed that way, so there would be some adjustment in both directions, but it never occured to me to add that to the instructions... :)

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
brickman said:
Excuse the newbie Question gentlemen, how do I find out more about RMS suspension parts? Also , does anyone know who the longhaired guy that did the dart custom aftermarket suspension on the show "Rides" is?

here is the link to the RMS site. https://www.reillymotorsports.com/store/home.php

that long hair guy was a magnumforce guy... i hear nothing but bad things about that front end

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have Bill's UCAs and am very pleased. They offer great adjustability.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts