Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt be happier with Bill's front end. It works and works well. Does everything its supposed to very well. The car drives like a dream and I can turn it too. I spent three years fighting the DARE and finally go so scared of it I had to change, tire shake was getting bad on my home track in the rough shutdown area. I wouldnt sell it to anyone. I also wouldnt sell the RMS front end to anyone cause I want to keep it for sure. The car drove down the track great and stopped super smooth even in the rough shutdown area. Can you tell Im like it? Also, first time out we made it to the final round, cool, now the original cost is reduced substantially. Ive had a pretty good weekend and to top it off, Im on vacation this week and a two day race coming up. Life is good. Except for gas prices and general world affairs. Pics posted in gallery if interested. 540dust.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
57 Posts
540dust your car looks awesome! I'm glad to hear you're very happy with how your ride handles with the AltK installed. I am installing mine now, but it will still be at least several months before my car is running. My Dart is also getting a new engine (572 Indy) and drivetrain. Thanks for the reference to your photos. I'm particularly interested in your engine compartment - it looks like you did exactly what I am in the process of doing. I can't tell for sure from the pics, but it appears you have stock upper control arm brackets, with the shock tower removed. Did you just cut the towers off at the control arm brackets? Did you weld any additional support in this area? Does the tubing tie in thru the firewall to your cage? - It kinda looks like its welded to a plate welded up against the firewall.

A quick plug for Bill...... I can't comment on how the Alterkation works yet, but I can say that Bill's after purchase customer service is really great. He is always eager to help out and offer advise and suggestions. Thanks Bill ;D

BBD

Steve

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The original shock towers are there, just the inner fenders removed. The front bars are welded to the firewall where they pass thru it, and to the shock towers, and tie back to the a pillar bar in the car. Thanks, Im sure youll be happy with the function of that front end. I have an Indy maxx low deck block stroked to 540, I scaled it recently and the car weighs 2985 with me in it,.. a lot heavier than I originally thought.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on putting the Alter-K in your Duster. The difference is amazing, it's like driving a brand new car. Glad to hear that it handles well at the strip.
What does you car run in the 1/4? I'm looking for a Maxx or Keith Black lowdeck stroker to put in the Dart sometime soon...after some chassis updating of course.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I want one...of each...a 540 and a RMS front end.

It's nice to hear from so many people that someone is making such a quality package.

Congrats 540dust and RMS.

John

1 - 8 of 8 Posts