Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im about ready finally, new RMS front end, and a four link.  I lowered the stance a little.   I like it but am a little concerned with the oil pan being kinda low.  Its a little less than 3.5 inches off the ground but only in the very back, it angles up to almost 5 before it gets to the rack.   Hows the stance ?

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
444 Posts
Does look a little short. I like a more stock look, so maybe a little down in the front or up in the back. Dave

·
Registered
304 Posts
I assume you made a "custom" rear mount crossmember for the trans? Sounds like the trans tailshaft might be a little low in the car...or you may have the rear end too low for the ride height of the front end. It's kinda hard to tell from the pics.

G

·
I like, I like very much, I am building the same set up with my 68 cuda.
What kind of front wheel is that? and where do I get a set?
Thanks for any help
B.B.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The difference in the pan clearance from back to front is a lot the pan design, although Im using a stock crossmember it had been modified for a powerglide and Ive been running it for about four years, it may be a little low but not more than a half an inch. The pan is a modified Charlies dragster pan that Mancini sells with the two inch kick out.
The wheels are Weld billet alumnastars with the 2.25" bs. I really like them a lot better than the 1.75" bs. They are readily available at Jegs or Summit but be prepared to heavily lighten your wallet.
Heres another angle.
These pics were before scaling and it sets a little different now, before there was a little difference between RR and LR in ride hieght now both are closer to equal (RR about 3/8" higher), before (in these pics) there was more of a difference. Had to move a lot of stuff around to get it to scale properly.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Track width is at least 3/8" narrower than before, I really like it. The Wilwood hubs put the tire 1/8" in the rest was your shorter a arms and the 2.25" bs wheels. I think it worked out really well. I havent made it down the track yet but so far I couldnt be happier with everything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts