Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking about getting bills upper arms.anyone used these with a stock front end?they come with the larger ball joint and i guess i have to drill my spindles to accomodate them.drill to what size? and should i go to a machine shop to get them drilled straight?if you have any other sugestions or other types of arms that work without drilling i would appreciate it. thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The arms would need to be machined with a tappered reamer. The average machine shop would not be able to do it. The reamer is specific to automotive application and not the run of the mill tappered reamer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so it looks like i'm gonna keep the small ball joints and look elsewhere,too bad rms has a good price and they come with the ball joints.i have been looking at firm feel's stuff.anyone used their upper a-arms?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it helps you any, I redrill your spindles for free if you get the arms. Not many people have taken advantage of it, but it's a simple matter if you want to send them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Why not offer the arms with the stocker size balljoint? I havent heard of many failures, just curious. ;)

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There are failures. It's not very often, but I've seen a few. One thing about me - I insist on making things overkill. If there's even a remote possibility that a part could break in normal use, I won't do it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I figured there must have been some failures for mopar to spend the money upgrading it back in 73.thanks bill,you definately have the customer service thing covered.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the upper arms, and for my car (mostly drag racing, limited street driving) they worked just as planned. I also got the struts, and what a difference. I was trying to remove all the "stiction" from the front suspension so I could get my car to transfer weight better (and a better wheel stand ;D) and it worked perfectly. The are also easy to install and nice to be able to set your alignment to what ever you want. Dont get me wrong, they aren't just for drag racing, just that was my FIRST conscern. And just so you know, workmanship was top notch!!
Some day Bill, I'm going to get that alterkation from ya. I think it would be awesome to have a front suspension that could steer, corner, and be drag raced!

Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So do all spindles need to be redrilled or just '72 and older pieces? Right now I have a pair of '73 or '75 (?) front spindles on my Cuda.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Bill_Reilly said:
There are failures. It's not very often, but I've seen a few. One thing about me - I insist on making things overkill. If there's even a remote possibility that a part could break in normal use, I won't do it.

Maybe I'm confused, as I run the '73 up disc stuff. People still use the small early balljoint spindle with your A-arms? Arent those drum brake spindles or the early KH discs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea - You just have to redrill the taper in the spindle for the bigger balljoint stud - there's plenty of material to resize the hole, but the tapered reamer is about $100, so it's not worth a person getting one for the themselves. I keep a couple here and just offer to redrill them as a service. It's a simple thing really, so I just do it for free if they want the arms.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Gotta love him................he's the Bill!!!
By the way, the brake lines are sweet.
Jim

1 - 12 of 12 Posts