Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures with the new gauges.  Some of you may remember, I have smoothed my dash frame by filling the ash tray, and smoothing the key surround.  Pics of the process are in my gallery.  Dash will be all black, including the insert, either powder coated or painted.  The insert will be fastened from the rear, so no screw heads will show.  Also, I am going to run the front of the cage through the dash, so more pics to come...Right now mocking and fitting everything so I could figure the clearance I need on the down bars, and how close they were going to be to the left side gauges and panel.

These are the S/W silver gauges.  The dash frame is in position, with a few screws holding it at the top, and it is resting on the side bolts.  The insert is clamped firmly to the frame.  In this configuration, I measured 2 3/4" from the seat of the 3 3/8" openings to the column support bracket.  As you can see in the pics, is is really close, and I may still end up giving myself a little more room by modifying the support bracket to ease some mounting issues.  I can see where this distance would vary from car to car, and could be troublesome.

Hope this helps everyone.

Driver's side of frame...

Pass side of frame

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looks great man! Thanks for the detailed pics!

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fourspeed said:
Those are exactly the gauges I plan to use in my RMD dash. I'm happy to see that they fit, since I haven't ordered the gauges yet!

Looks great so far. I like the hidden fasteners.
Thanks guys.

I like the gauges a lot. I really thought about these or UltraLite IIs, and I just like the styling and typography better on the S/Ws. Also, I wanted all electric gauges for ease of installation, and these have more detailed dials than the AutoMeters.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nice set up now you see how long those gauges really are. Glad you can make it work with stock type column, although i didmodify my brace some for added clearence just in case the guages tend to bounce a bit on the end.
It's hard to top Stewart Warner for looks and quality, they make it a racey but classy looking dash.

Maynard

·
Registered
38 Posts
That looks hot - how are you attaching from behind - I definetely like that idea - the screws not showing would really streamline the look.

-o

1 - 10 of 10 Posts