Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used a Rocky Mountain dash? They look great but haven;t seen anyone with it installed. Any pics out there before I commit to ordering one? o[ ::) doh

·
Registered
60 Posts
The quality of the RMD dashes is very good. They are well designed and nicely finished. I have not installed mine yet but it is a full panel unit and the cut it for my Moroso switch panel too.

·
Registered
724 Posts
There are several folks on here who have Rocky Mountain Dashes. I have heard nothing but good things about them. I believe one of our members Mike R and his brother are the guys who developed them. Look through the gallery and you'll see pics of them on member's cars.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Heres miine in under construction form, Stewart Warner gauges.

Maynard

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
274 Posts
My Rocky Mountian Dash was money well spent! Anyone that sees it is very impressed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BBD tnku I am very impressed with the turn out of this question. And the dashes that these guys make. I do want one for my ride now that I've seen the turn out. Any more pics?

·
Registered
96 Posts
We used Rocky Mountain for the 68 Hemi Cuda Clone we did. Here's some pictures from when we got it back.

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey DeadlyDart,

Are you sure that's not Auto Instruments? We (Rocky Mountain Dashes) do not do the plastic refurbishing, but it looks great!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah, got them mixed up, It was Auto Instrument. My bad

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hey MikeR,
Who's orange dash is that? Can we see more of it? I really like the layout and would like to talk with you about it. Do you do the dashes "full time". Can you be reached during the daytime (regular business hours)?
O.J.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This dash belongs to a lady in England, very nice person...I believe it's going to be in a UK Magazine:

This dash will be listed on the site soon and will be the A-11 dash, we also will be listing one we did for the Bartons as an A-13. I can be reached during the day, the number is (719) 302-0678.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I cannot make my mind up on gauges... I was just at the Stewart Warner site, and I kind of like those... Been looking at the Auto Meter Ultra Lite IIs, but not sure, ugh!

Anyone seen the S/W Power Series gauges in person? I was thinking the silver ones... not sure how the polished bezles would look though.

http://www.stewartwarner.com/Catalog/bxpwtie6.html

Mike, does any gauge fit? Are all sized the same way?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Sparkles459 said:
Looks like the dash pad fits nicely. Is there anything that needs to be done to make sure the dash pad goes on okay? 

Thanks!
The pad should not need to be touched, at least from what I can tell with mine... The panel is an insert, and the only thing that needs to be tweaked are the openings in the dash frame, depending on which insert you buy.

Well, I decided on the S/W gauges, I just like the looks of them more, and the graduations are nicer (more useful) than AutoMeter. Also picked up the painless headlight, and wiper switches, as well as various momentary and continuous toggles, and a push button for the starter. Plan right now is to use the key on position for the fuel pump and 1st stage ignition, continuous toggle for the 2nd stage ignition, and either a momentary toggle or push button for the starter. Vroom.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sounds cools Andy,

I've posted the A-11 on the website and it's priced at $365.00 without options (heater control bezel, radio cutout and glove box covers are all options)

I'm still trying to get an A-10 in my car (I designed it for my car) but we keep selling them when they're ready! LOL

Mike

1 - 20 of 67 Posts