Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of you guys using a 8 point Comp Eng cage, and still using a rear seat? I,m thinking of making my main  hoop crosser removable, to access the rear seat. And allso, is it nessesary to attach any of the 8 points to the frame rails or frame connectors? The car (68 Dart) will be mostly be street driven. Thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have a similar roll bar in my '74 Duster. Its an S and W and I just ordered the down tubes slightly longer and went thru the speaker holes in the rear into the trunk. We later custom cut the board and re'carpted it and ya cant tell at all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
s&w makes a kit called the street rod kit, for running the tubes through the rear speaker holes so you can have a back seat.

G

·
If I understand your question your think that by removing the hoop you can let people in the back seat?? Or are you concerned about the reat tubes not being high enough to allow the rear seat to fit. I have a comp. Eng 8 point roll cage and I think your rear seat will fit. But if you're thinking of cutting the hoop and removing it for street use and then using slugs and putting it back in for race I'd be careful. First of all NHRA may not accept that mod as it could weaken the roll hoop. It's risky business for your own safty too. If your car really needs an 8 point roll cage it's best to stick with how Comp. Engineering designed it.

Just my two cents.

Dan

·
Registered
25 Posts
the nhra techs in my area n.ky ohio do not allow removeable cross bars
i have put comp eng cages in five cars and all have rear seats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts