Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
almost done...

will have full interior w/rear seats...will see some street driving so...no funny car cage for me...

full custom 12pt chromemoly cage, w/rocker bars, tub bars,...dash bar will be hidden, drivers door swing out, front struts tied into the shock towers...I'll finish the mini tubs when it gets back home...I started the subframe connectors but...my chassis guy will finish them up for me...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Re: roll cage in my Duster....

Looks good! Not to ask for more or anything, but, Could you get a pic of how it goes throught the dash? -0*( ;D

·
Registered
101 Posts

If I remember rite I think he had some bad luck with one of his cars before. Knock on wood!

·
Registered
101 Posts

Cochez, what is the car next to it with the lexan glass and the cowl hood? ;D Chevelle?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Halfaed said:
Looks good! Not to ask for more or anything, but, Could you get a pic of how it goes throught the dash?
I reallized I did'nt get a few pictures I wanted...I was talking, looking and snapping at the same time....he did a preatty good job on it...I know he removed the dash pad, and knotched of the holes in the dash...then he knotched the dash pad...

Halfaed said:
Cochez, what is the car next to it with the lexan glass and the cowl hood? ;D Chevelle?
Thats a Cutlass next to it...

G

·

Looks great!

Might be a stupid or impropper question, but what does a cage like that cost? I have a CE 8-point cage in boxes for my Swinger, but I'm not sure how they're going to fit for a street car. I've been told it costs about $100 per point to have one welded in, just wondering what it costs to have one bent up and welded in?

Thanks!

-Jeffrey

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Swingin A 440 said:
Looks great!

Might be a stupid or impropper question, but what does a cage like that cost? I have a CE 8-point cage in boxes for my Swinger, but I'm not sure how they're going to fit for a street car. I've been told it costs about $100 per point to have one welded in, just wondering what it costs to have one bent up and welded in?

Thanks!

-Jeffrey
I think the going price is approx $100 a point...alot of guys charge $125-up per point for a custom cage to compensate for the pices flux in materials...

...this guy told me $1500 for mild steel 12pt...and $2000 for chrome moly...I went for the chrome moly...he also is going to finish my subframe connectors...add rocker bars a 3 piece tub bar, and tie the front strut bars to the shock towers...

G

·

Wow, $2000 doesn't sound bad at all if he's doing all the other work too. I would rather go chrome moly too. I'm familiar w/ 4130 from BMX frame and forks. It's good, strong stuff.

-Jeffrey

·
Registered
320 Posts

Man, that looks really good!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts