Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one have any pics of where they welded in the plates for their cage? having a time trying to figure out the best mounting points. kit from chris alstons the only pics i see on their site is in a camaro and its just for a roll bar

·
Registered
828 Posts
Location is going to vary depending on how you intend on the cage being configured, seat position, etc. I would personally just follow the rules that you plan on meeting test fit the bars, mark their location, and weld the plates to match. I am hoping to work on mine in the next few weeks while on vacation from work, and will be getting some pics. Not sure how useful they will be...

·
Registered
281 Posts
  71 pro street, I heard your  putting  a   b b chevy in there , I hope it's not true   **(*)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
6469mopar said:
  71 pro street, I heard your  putting  a   b b chevy in there , I hope it's not true   **(*)
last time i tried putting a big block chevy in something it was harder to do than the 440 duster

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hows the tranmission tunnel clearence have, sb chevy in my 73duster moved back 6-8 inches remade tranny tunnel and part of firewall for fender wall headers.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i think a couple of guys took 6469 mopar a little too seriously......this motor with a few small changes (motor plate, low mount alternator, electric water pump) is going in not one of them bowtie anchors.......

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
326 Posts
for my main hoop i ran a peice of 2x3 tubing from the frame connectors to the rocker so the was something solid to mount to and the rest of the bars i put on a plate above a frame rail or cross member

·
Registered
66 Posts
I tied my main hoop into the frame connectors using a kicker as well. The downstruts are on the kicker as well. No real good pics but you can sort of see it here in this one.

I have plates welded over the rear framerails for the rear struts to tie into. Cant see them in the photo but they are there. And yes the car is fully painted now..

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hey B1, is that rear sump setup track legal? Super clean Val BTW, I love that body style.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Car is 100% legal to go 7.50 for now...Cert expires in 08 and will only be 8.50 then. Those are all older pics before the car was complete. But thanks just the same. Was going for the sleeper look not sure I made it though )(/*

G

·
here's my 8 pt. roll bar,It is a kit from comp. engineering.the plates are bolted and welded on.I also cut out the stock braces in the trunk and put in my own.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts