Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
o----o<> I am about to order a 12 Point Roll Cage For My BB Duster, Was looking for suggestions as to
your thoughts on the best brand out there. By this I mean the best fit. I was also wondering if anyone
has used or heard of anyone using Applied Racing Technologies out of Floridia. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
                                                                                              Roy

·
Registered
162 Posts
I bought mine from art morrison for my duster, The roll cages are application specific, use cad equipment.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Chassis Engineering or S & W Race cars....I have purchased 2 of each for my/our rides. Quality thru and thru. Chassis engineering had a better F/C Cage fit I chose them for the Race car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
For what its worth I am installing an eight point cage in my 74 duster right now and it fits real well. I ordered it from summit. Everything is tacked in and as soon as I'm done with this message I headed out to start the final welding. This is the first time I've installed a cage and I've had no problems at all. It fits tight right to the headliner. Being this is the first cage I've installed I haven't tried any others but I can't imagine any other fitting any better.

Pete

·
Registered
60 Posts
I got mine from Chris Alston's Chassisworks in Sacramento Ca.

G

·
For an A-body I'd suggest one with a real HALO bar rather than the type that go from the main hoop forward and down. Compare the design of the S&W cages to Art Morison if you need a visual. I bought the Art Morisson cage and I had to put additional bends in the A-pillar bars to allow the glove box to open and to get to the light switch. In hindsight, having the halo in one piece and being able to locate the A-pillar bars individually would have been the way to go. Both are great quality, but the halo design is more friendly. Once you find the companies that do them that way just go with the one that's closest - you'll save a little on shipping.

G

·
Competition Engineering makes a good pre-cut set up to a full 10 point cage with installation instructions. The price is right and you can buy it through Summit or Jegs. All you have to do is make sure the car is level and square and weld it together yourself.

Dan

G

·
i got my 8 point from competition engineering,it fit perfectly.the only downside was it had some surface rust,maybe thats normal but it took a little time to prep.I would buy from them again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts