Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They don't look too complicated to build, but I was wondering if anyone knew of where to get plans to build a rotisserie. $2000.00 is a bit expensive to buy one here (plus shipping). Thanks.

·
Registered
847 Posts
i paid 1500 for mine but its been a few years. i opted for the "bad-boy" ; adjustable height, extra heavy duty, big rubber tires. the price of steel is on the rise, and welding supplies arent cheap either. i suppose you could save a few bucks doin it yourself; but the guys who build em have all the pieces pre-fabbed, which saves a ton of time. you may be working for less than minimum wage if you do it yourself.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Did mine for under $500 .Does what I need it to.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
278 Posts
Another.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Big Dog: Where did you get your plans? That looks like a nice unit. I just bought an old carpet roller with a motor and gear reduction on it for that very reason. It came with a bunch of pillow block bearings and steel pipe so icut it apart and salvaged the pieces i wanted. Will start soon and can see that it will be an asset. Any plans on your unit?

G

·
heres mine. its not mobile but it worked great. i used barbell weights to balance it so i could turn the car with no effort at all. if you would like some better pics i can do that

·
Registered
392 Posts
eldubb440 said:
i paid 1500 for mine but its been a few years. i opted for the "bad-boy" ; adjustable height, extra heavy duty, big rubber tires.

Eldubb, where did you get yours from? I like the idea of rubber tires so I can move mine outside.

mike.

·
Registered
847 Posts
mike, i think they are called "accessable systems" not sure how its spelled but he has a website. let me know if ya have problems findin it. big rubber tires, adjustable height, and it steers like a wagon. i roll it outside to blast and back in to prime/paint. i love the darn thing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts