Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched and I've looked thru links,links and more links. As comparitively fragile as rubber parts are I can't believe someone doesn't make replacements for the rubber boot that goes on the drive shaft. Am I missing something?Where can I get a new one? the Limeys fell off on the way home from a show Saturday and we have two more events coming and I'm desperate

[attachment deleted by admin]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Caveman, I wrote him but haven't got the reply yet.But that one doesn't seem to be the right boot. But maybe he has more or knows where I can get one. We still can't believe some company doesn't make replacements, we can't be the only ones to ruin one.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
;D Found something that works. Old mechanic up in the mountains here. Has a collection of boots for CV joints got one (in fact 2) and a lesson in how to put it on without taking everything apart. tnku

·
Registered
143 Posts
that barracuda a canadian car?? valiant grille?????? big block with a long ram intake???????????????????? kool

·
Registered
2 Posts
ok...i feel pretty dumb. I ordered the one off of e-bay (through 64) for my 1965 dart. Everyone that looked at it said...there is no way that will fit. So I never tried to work it through the housing. I ALSO bought the one with part #Q-102. Same thing came in the mail. I was upset. So upset...that I tried to put that small boot on the driveshaft. After all the grunting, pushing and lots of grease, I worked it through the housing without having to take out the pin. It worked! Nobody at the shop believes it, but it slipped right on. Both of these boots are the correct boots. Well...let me add that the motor, tranny, and driveshaft came out of a 65 barracuda...but they should be the same thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts