Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My little dog Wyle went to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday. He was 14 years old, my best friend, and I feel like someone ripped my heart out it hurts so bad. He has been failing for awhile, he was almost totally blind, couldn't hear much, starting to stumble and fall. He started not eating, so I was putting cheese and meat in his food, but he would just throw it up, yesterday I knew he was suffering, I called the vet and she said to bring him in for an evaluation, I knew what was gonna happen so I spent the afternoon just holding him, she said his liver was gone, he was all yellow and jaundice had set in so Randy and I held him till he went to sleep...I am so brokenhearted I can't even speak.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
Sorry for the loss Sue, keep your chin up.

Reactions: PinkE

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
We just took our dog in for an evaluation. She will be 14 in February. She has started down the same road, but neither of us were ready to make the decision yet. Our main concern is that she's not in pain. We know we will have to deal with it soon though.

·
Registered
724 Posts
So sorry to hear about that Sue. My baby is getting on in years and I'm already dreading that day. I hope you can find comfort in the fact that you and Wyle gave each other 14 good years. Sadly, most dogs don't get that kind of wonderful life.

ski

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
That really sucks. My last 2 dogs died a couple weeks apart. That was really hard. They were awsome dogs and not even that old. I swore off dogs for ever after that. My wife started looking maybe 6 months later I still didn't want one but decided I better help pick one I'd like to rescue instead of having a dog I hate. It was a pretty good feeling to give another one a better chance at life. He turned out to be a real piece of work.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your kind words, I promised Wyle as he was going to sleep yesterday that I would never try and replace him, I'm never going thru this again. It just tore me up.

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
Hello Sue,

I can't even put into words how badly I feel for you and Randy. Some of us remember when Wyle came into your life and we also remember how much you two have gone through together and what a fantastic friend he's been for so long.

Those who have never allowed an animal, especially a dog into their lives, just don't know the unconditional love they are missing out on.

You will never replace Wyle Sue, because like people, our four legged family members are all very special individuals, but you and Randy can both absolutely know that you gave him an awesome life and as long as he's alive in your memories, he will always be with you both.

Your friend always,

Richard

·
Registered
847 Posts
I feel your pain, Pinky ......... got a real soft spot for dogs...... you made sure he had a good long life........ chin up :)

Reactions: PinkE

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. I have 2 Labs and I love them dogs as they are my best friends. They even sleep with me every night. I know how you feel as I get sick just thinking about the day I will have to do that. Hang in there as time helps heal broken hearts. Ron

·
Registered
435 Posts
Sorry for your loss, I've been there too, you made the right decision. 14 years is a good run for a dog. Try to think of the joy the dog brought you, wait a few months and then get a new friend. The next dog won't replace the one you've lost, but it helps.

Every dog I've lost occupies a special place in my heart. I'm a better person for having dogs.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

1 - 16 of 16 Posts