1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
28 Posts
Yep.. Bought the brackets and installed them on my Duster with a 8 3/4.  Worked out great.  Had one hickup with the location of the lower caliper pin.  Shoot me an email at [email protected] and I'll show you a couple of pics of the set up.    Rick  santa4

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've got them too. To fix the caliper bolt problem I just had the ends re-clocked to clear the springs when I had the rear end cut down. All and all I like the set-up.

G

·
Does anyone know what the smallest rim a person can run with this conversion?, will 14 or 15" factory steel rims or ralleys work

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
was wondering that myself. while Im not sure, lincoln rotors and caddy calipers sound pretty large to me.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here's another shot of the set up. I didn't use the Cady calipers because of my application. No E brake. So I used a later model Blazer caliper.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Whats the issue with the caliper bolt? Does it hit the spring or something? Would it still be a problem with the leaf springs moved inboard 3"?

Ryan

·
Registered
28 Posts
With my set up (stock placement) the bottom caliper pin cannot be removed without lowering the spring. With your set up you will not have a problem. 3" in will let the pin come out. Now, you have to ask, How often will I need to remove the caliper? Well if you leave your gearing alone and don't plan of changing gears it will be ok. But if you plan to swap gears before or during a race with stock placement springs it can be a hassle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts