Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at their setup and it looks pretty good anybody know what the parts list for the 9"/10" and the rear axle kits are. Can they be drilled out to 4 1/2"?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I BOUGHT THE 10" FRONT DISK BRAKE CONVERSION KIT , IT CONSISTS OF A LIST OF PARTS TO BUY AT YOUR LOCAL PARTS STORE , ROTORS , CALIPERS, HOSES , BEARINGS , AND THE MOUNTING PLATES TO ADAPT THE CALIPERS TO THE SPINDLES . IT USES 10.5 INCH ROTORS AND CHEVY CALIPERS TO DO THE CONVERSION . I HAVEN'T INSTALLED IT YET , AFTER SEEING THE 11.75 DISK BRAKE SET-UPS , I'M LOOKING TO GO THAT ROUTE . THANKS JOHN....

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I believe their kit uses a 5x100mm rotor from a cavalier, which is almost exactly 4 inches. I don't think you could drill it for larger bolt pattern. You might want to check out the ECI kit, which is 5x4 1/2 and fits stock 10 inch drum spindles. I bought one, but still haven't got it installed yet. It appears to be very good quality.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i just finished the 10" drum to scarebird front disc conversion on my 68 valiant.
it used celiibrity calipers and rotors with caddy hoses and i got all the parts from
the local NAPA store. the rotors get drilled for the 4" bolt pattern and the hub
gets a little machining to turn down for the centering ring. didn't change any
seals or bearings and used the existing hardware to attach adapter plate.
just make sure to switch sides with the calipers (right goes on left) so the
bleeder valve will be on top. drove 250 miles last weekend and car stops
straight..haven't tried any 1/4 mile stuff yet.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
holy topic bump batman. I posted this almost a year ago. thanks for the replies now, But I decided to use Bill's setup when I get to that part.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i got an adjustable proportioning valve from the local NAPA store (48.00)wherei got all the brake stuff
but i have not installed yet; the car seems to stop straight and when i back up fast(to adjust the rear)
i think i can hear the self adjusters make noise ...and so i think their working(the back brakes).
happy so far..something like 300 miles city and hiway driving

G

·
Got it all together. It feels like a whole new car now. Goes straight. Corners awesome. Stops even better, and the car doesn't try to change lanes by itself either.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts