Big Block Dart Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
from what I've heard, headers have to be custom made for a BB early A. could be wrong

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was wondering this same thing. It seems like they would since they are really tight to the motor. Anyone know? o----o<>

·
Registered
56 Posts
Cool, they hook up to my stock headpipes and all?

Just my .02, I like my fenderwells right were they are and why go BB 383 when you can do a 402 SB?

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
stockerbill said:
You can use any a body fenderwell headers in a early "a" I used hooker and pro parts both in my 62 valiant with a 383 8)
Aren't 62's a little different than 63-66. I thought 62's werent considered A bodies because they were bigger? Thats just a guess though. Anyone know about the 62's?

·
Registered
48 Posts
FRom another site site someone found a 66 Cuda with a 383 in it. By the pics it looks loke he has A body exhaust manifols on it. http://tinyurl.com/t9ful

Looks like a nice job, but you can't really see the exhaust that great.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes, the 62 is a little different then the 63 up. The real difference is on the 60 / 61 car's as the box is bolted to the shock tower rather then the "K" frame

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
stockerbill said:
Yes, the 62 is a little different then the 63 up. The real difference is on the 60 / 61 car's as the box is bolted to the shock tower rather then the "K" frame
stockerbill said:
You can use any a body fenderwell headers in a early "a" I used hooker and pro parts both in my 62 valiant with a 383 8)
So are you saying the fenderwell headers would fit a low deck BB in a 63-66 A body? Do you have any pictures of you 62 valiant's engine bay???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts