Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What year did the seperate shoulder belts appear in a bodies?

Also, I'd be interested in seeing pics of where/how the factory attatched the shoulder belt at the headliner/"b" pillar area. I'm going to put the 2 part belts in my car and want to see what kind of reinforcements I'd need and in what area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
320 Posts
My 70 has the provisions for a shoulder belt up top, but I didn't get the upper belts with the car. :-\

·
Registered
185 Posts
My car is the the same way, I have the provisions for it but I never had one. So would it be legal to race with out it? Cuz all i have is the lap belt and there is nothing on those that would allow the shoulder belt to attach to it.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DartKnight said:
Are we talking about the male-end connectors next to the sunvisors?
No. They are part of the set-up, but I'm looking for pics of where the belt bolts to the roofline around the "b" pillar. My headliner is out and it looks like the metal there is strong enough to hold the headliner bows in place and thats about it. If someone could snap a pic, I could try to copy the way it would have been if my car had come with shoulder belts.

·
Registered
185 Posts
would a person be allowed to race if their car didn't have these belts, but had the provisons for them? my car is a 74 if it helps.

·
Registered
365 Posts
here is a pic of the anchor.
it is just a nut welded in behind the panel.
there is no reinforcment but the nut is big.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tnku tnku tnku

BTW, I also found out there are two different types of seperate shoulder belts. One has the familiar seat belt buckle, the other is the pin type that swivels onto the lap belt buckle.

·
Registered
450 Posts
cu440da said:
the pin type that swivels onto the lap belt buckle.
This is the kind I have. No recoil deal. Hook it on and tighten it down like a harness.
I couldnt even reach the radio with it on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts