Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not interested in keeping my Scamp original. Looking for seat belts that retract with a shoulder strap. The original shoulder strap is a pain and the first time you move it comes off the pin. Any ideas? Been to the junk yard, did'nt see anything especially in black.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
I have the factory separate lap and shoulder belt arrangement in the cuda...what a pain.  Add to that the fact that the belts are 37 years old, faded, dirty and probably weakened from the sun and the elements, (and the fact I will be racing) I decided to look for replacement one piece retractable belts.  I ordered a set from Wesco Performance in CA.  They have them in black or about 6 other colours, I got tan to match the originals. I measured everything and their universal set should bolt right to the stock mounting points.  I ordered the bench seat ends since their hard plastic bucket seat ends didn't look like they would fit between the seats and the console.  The length of the bench seat ends puts the buckle in the same location as the original shoulder belt buckle on the stock setup.  I should have them some time this week.  I'll let you know how I make out. 

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
Im in the exact same boat. 2 piece 3 points. undoubtedly the originals. inarguably horrid lil things that feel more dangerous to wear than not....well, ok, not quite. **(*)

so Q, youre looking to hook the upper to the original mounting point on the roof?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
The belts are $69.95 for each seat. Just google "replacement seat belts" and you'll get their website. The retractor and the seat belt anchor end will share the bolt by the door, with the retractor on top. By the way, the retractors are the inertia type that only lock when suddenly extended. The upper pivot will bolt into the stock location above the window, and the buckle end will bolt to the stock location on the driveshaft tunnel. At least according to plan, that is. ::)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info qkcuda. Please let us all know how they turn out. I checked JC Whitney and the 3 point retractable belts are $120 each. A bit pricey for me.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Those J.C. Whitney belts look the same as the photos of the Wesco belts, which are half the price. **(*)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Richard, I think you're the one who gave me the tip in the first place. tnku It just took me a while to get around to actually doing it. doh

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
For anybody following this post, the belts are finally in, and I started a new post with pics of the installation. o----o<>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts