Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys i got some bucket seats but with no seat tracks they came out of a 70 Runner, now my question is this can i use my seat tracks on my bench seat ot make 1 complete track for the driver seat and then go find anotehr bench seat and get my passenger side?

2nd will any bucket seat track work?

Thanks guys!

G

·
if it fits.it works.thats whats cool about this hobby,try it see what happens and let us know.if you need some bench tracks i can set you up.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well after taking a gander at my parts interchange manual it said you can't put bench seat tracks on a bucket seat?!?!?

so i was like screw it some1 where on here somebody asked about bucket seats that were aftermarket and seat tracks and i saw they made mention of jegs so i hit up summit instead ;) and i picked up their universal seat brackets that are adjustable!!!! they should be here friday so this weekend BUCKE SEATS GO IN!

the seats guys look awesome! i'm very impressed so was my dad even though he did nto agree with the purchase but this morning he sure as hell was already running with some ideas on getting the seats mounted lol

·
Registered
792 Posts
Bench seat tracks mount in different holes, further out to the door than bucket mount holes. They are also taller, as the area they sit in the floor is lower than where the outer bucket track mounts. I'm pretty sure it won't bolt in without mods, or I would have done the same thing with mine.

G

·
i thought you knew it was'nt direct interchange, and you were tryin' to fab something.sorry.good luck with the new seats lookin forward to some pics.btw getting my seats perfect took alot of time,alot more than i thought it would.try using small wood blocks to shim the seats just right(check reach on shifter and rear view)also, make sure they both are mocked up and straight before drilling.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
will do, i know more or less how i'm going to work teh seats, teh seat tracks from summit will be here thursday so i'm going to assemble the seats then and that way i can start fitment prob on saturday morning and be done later that day.

and you guys can gurantee i will have pics for you!

i just wish i coudl replace the carpet at the sametime you know make it alot easier

I can order some new carpet but i kinda don't want to spend more money right now i got other bills to take care

oh well we will see

·
Registered
38 Posts
Let us know how it works out - I am in the same position - I am replacing my bench with two buckets but am not to the point of finding the seat tracks yet.

Keep us informed on the results of the Summit universal tracks.

Thanks!

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sparkles459 said:
Let us know how it works out - I am in the same position - I am replacing my bench with two buckets but am not to the point of finding the seat tracks yet. 

Keep us informed on the results of the Summit universal tracks.

Thanks!
Their in! and they worked! except see i had to completly build my entire seat track from the ground up and then i mounted the Summit tracks, and then i sued brackets to build my floor for the seats

1 - 8 of 8 Posts