Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally received my new retractable seatbelts and had a chance to get them installed this weekend.  I found a couple of minor issues but I like the way it turned out.  I bolted the retractor into the stock belt hole on the door side.  The receiver bolted to the driveshaft tunnel and the shoulder harness guide bolted into the stock roof mount.  I did change the bolts around.  The short one is for the roof.  The middle one from the door side I used on the tunnel since it changes from a double belt to a single.  The long bolt I moved from the tunnel to the door since both the retractor and the belt anchor use the same bolt.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The other issue is the size of the retractor.  I used 1 inch spacers under my seat frames because I always felt the seats were too low.  I tried to install the seats without them and the seatback latch hit the retractor.  I put the spacers back in and the clearance was OK.  Note how close it is in the picture.  Finally there is a pic of the finished interior.  If I wanted to drill a new hole below the rear door panel for the retractor it wouldn't have been an issue.  The biggest PITA all day was installing the new console carpet.  Thank God for duct tape.  I have lots more pics if anyone has any questions.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
those were the Wesco's you were talking about not long ago, right? they look darn near perfect fit other than a few minor clearance tweaks.

yeah, I think that might be the way for me to go.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those are the belts from Wesco at $69.95 per seat. I am very happy with the quality and the fit. I may end up drilling another hole for the retractor, just because I am fussy, and I can never leave anything alone. **(*)

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is too cool 8) I would like to do the same thing, I hate having two belts, so I never use the shoulder belt.
BBD
What is the web site for those?

Don

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Richard, looks like you wouldn't have the same clearance issues for the retractor with the bench seats.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
bolted mine in this morning in a matter of minutes.  fit dead on and look/work fantastic.  clears everything by a mile unless I have the seat so far back that I cant reach the pedals.

couldn't have asked for more.

tnku

BBD

·
Registered
274 Posts
Hey guys, what is the part number or model number of those those belts? I got to get a set ASAP. The double buckle up thing was a little too much.
How thick is that retractor assembly?

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am going to be changing my install slightly. I will be mounting the retractor to the floor with an angle bracket, so that it is directly underneath the roof belt guide. I will feel better that it pulls straight up from the retractor. I will post some more pics when I finish.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I am going to check my car tonight. I'm sure there was room behind the front seat for the retractor but, I better check first. Thanks again.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the pics!!! I called this morning and ordered mine. Told him about your pics and this site. He should at least send you a thank you letter. <:>

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I finally finished my rework of the seat belt install.  I bought some heavy duty angle brackets at the hardware store, (3/16 thick) and cut them to size.  I mounted them to the floor and used the other portion to make a plate on the bottom of the floor.  I reused the old covers from the roof mounts for the belt ends.

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
well done. gotta say Im lovin my new belts. those two piece ones were such a PITA to use. these fit so well you'd have thought they'd come that way from the mill.

tnku

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Here are the finished pics.  I am much happier that the belts pull straight up from the retractor.  If I had it to do over again, I would have removed the carpet, bolted the angle brackets in , and then just slit the carpet for them to stick through, and bolted the retractors on.  I told you I was fussy. **(*)

·
Super Moderator
1,435 Posts
dang it. I do like the way those lay better.

aw crap. ctfgt

(j/k, but I may indeed move mine likewise)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts