Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel that it's about time to change the shock in the dart and I'm thinking of putting the CE 90/10s up front to suport the 440/727 like you guys recomended, but now i'm wondering what I should put out back, I'd like to eventually get a set of Cal-tracs but money is tight right now so I'm curious to see if the rancho shocks, that they recomend to use with it, will fit and would work with the rear that I got (8 1/4) now and what i'm going to put in (8 3/4). As a side question the 8 3/4 is probably a season off and I was wondering if it would be worth it to put gears and maybe a spool or something like it in the 8 1/4 now. I'm open to any other ideas too, so please help.Thanks.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I wouldn't put money in a 8.25 rear at all.

The Rancho shocks are good shocks, but the cheapest shocks that would get the job done would be the mopar perf long drag shocks from mancini racing. A ford truck shock would work too, but I don't have a part number for it.

It would be best to get a 8.75, put your money in that.

mike.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I'm looking for and want is some thing that would work for now and also work well with the cal-tracs in the future, and have it fit on my current 8.25. But are the CE 90/10 a good choice for up front?

G

·
74DDS said:
What I'm looking for and want is some thing that would work for now and also work well with the cal-tracs in the future, and have it fit on my current 8.25. But are the CE 90/10 a good choice for up front?
I would stay away from 90/10 shocks if you are street driving the car , they`re great....... but for the strip only.
Chryco ;)

·
Registered
404 Posts
i got KYB's in all 4 corners, with SS springs out back it rides nice, i still need to rebuild teh front end hopefully the end of the month i can do that

·
Registered
13 Posts
I used the 90/10 in my big block duster, and then switched to stock shocks and pick up .05 in the quarter with no other changes, as far as the rear I've tried just about everthing out there and found that there is no atvantage going with any of them!! Some say that the ranchos work good for them, but I saw no gain with them, right now, I have a set of ford shocks on it! Best run of 9.49 @ 139mph ! They seem to work ok!! Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts