Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we have are mockup block, heads manifolds, and tranny all lined up and ready to be put in. I bought the Shumacher /6 kit about 4 years ago and dug it out on the weekend.

Not quite a bolt in deal this kit. It seems nothing matches, and you have to grind and re-drill and grind to make it fit.

Has anyone else put the Shumacher kit in?

Any tips and hints would be appreciated.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I used the Schumacher SB(273) to BB(383) full kit (Motor mounts, Tri-Ys, torque strap). It all went in pretty easy.

The only cutting needed was on the K member (per instructions) for the oil pump clearance and a bit of drilling for the Torque Strap. Then we leveled the motor with the shims provided and all's been good.

Are you sure you got the correct kit for your application..?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah. Box says /6 to b/rb. That is what we have. Turns out for the /6 everything needs to be 'lowered'

"The driver's side on a 73' and up is 2 3/8" taller than a v8 k member" So on the drivers side we have to drill one 9/16" hole through the motor mount, then cut off of the excess, etc, etc.

It will be worth it though. Now I am really thinking about that limiter, seeing as the new drilled hole is real close to the outside of the motor mount. Like a 1/4" close...

Sharpdart

·
Registered
474 Posts
On the 73 up it's not that bad to do. Also you don't need a limiting strap because the mount on the driver side can't move after it's bolted up.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I used the 67-72 kit on my dart worked out fine. just followed the intructions and had to do a small cut for oil pump clearance but it went in fine

·
Registered
450 Posts
My shoemaker kit is in a 68 /6 k-member(bisquit). The trans mount was within an 1/8", and I can move the motor side to side or up and down at least an inch.
The mounts were $150. If I had a spool k-member, I would talk to Jim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts