Big Block Dart Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??? ??? ???

I have a 74' Gold Duster, which was an orginal /6 to begin with. I have a 400 that we put in my 75' Dart Sport w/ the HP manifolds and it slipped in like a charm!.

Thinking that we WANTED to do yet another A body big block swap we bought the Shumacher Kit and had at it.

To our surprise, or dismay the motor WOULD NOT FIT w/ the HP manifolds.

Are these meant to fit w/ exhaust manifolds, or is it headers only?

The manifolds will fit width wise, but when they are in the engine compartment the manifolds hit the back of the firewall, it wants more room.

My car has a motor plate in it, I am wondering if that is not 'further forward'. I do not have the car here to measure, so that is one thing to do for sure.

Second is to call Shumacher

So I thought I might tap the BBD board for some answers first...

The motor is in the car now, but w/o the manifolds. 'Looks' like only headers will fit. Really outta answers right now.

We want to do the trial fit before it goes for sandblasting, oh well it has only been since July that the motor has been hanging on the cherry picker, what is another month???

BP

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim:

This is a 'b' block, generic 400.

I guess that I am a little baffled at this, because when we put the 400 into my dart, it fit no problem. Here with this car, it will be more than a massage.

Well more time spent trying to figure it out.

BP

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jim_Lusk said:
Does the trans mount line up properly? I just installed a 383 with b-body HPs and a homebuilt DC k-member. Everything fit perfect.
I did a 440 with the b-body hp,s and it worked

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have b bodys in mine'they just barley hit the firewall.I ground a little off and they slipped right in and you can't tell unless you take them off the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.